5 Tips to Help You Keep Your Fitness Resolution
New Year, New Me?
1. Join a gym/community/group of like-minded individuals that are looking to achieve similar goals as yourself. Going to a regular gym and having to figure out your own workout program can be challenging for some people. Try taking group classes and get everything taken care of for you. It’s also a great way to meet new people.
2. Seek guidance from an experienced Coach or Trainer who will hold you accountable and push you at a good pace. Their job is to make sure you have an effective workout program and technique when executing movements.
3. Set small and realistic goals at a time. Consult with a fitness professional to see what’s reasonable in terms of your personal fitness goals. Often times, new members get discouraged when they don’t see immediate results. By setting small realistic goals, new members can feel accomplished when they reach certain milestones.
4. Prepare your mindset. Be ready for the journey and not the destination. The one major mistake that people make going into their fitness resolution for the new year is that they think it’s just a one time thing. This should be seen as a lifestyle change not a seasonal trend.
5. Try a Martial Arts class. Getting stronger and healthier doesn’t always mean you have to lift weights and run. Explore other workout options such as KickBoxing, Boxing or Jiu Jitsu. Often times these combine physical and mental training. It’s a great way to lose weight and develop life saving skills that lifting weights can’t do.
Developing a healthy fitness routine can be challenging at first but the results in the end will be worth it! Find a gym that supports you and your fitness journey. Richmond Area Residents, hit the button and try your first Intro Class ($20) for Free!